Requirements for Alabama:
- Payment Restrictions in Effect.
- Capture fingerprints from customers.
- Video of yard activity is required.
- Tag and Hold policies in effect.
- Retain a copy of the driver’s license.
- Record the customer’s license plate number and/or vehicle description.
- Take a photo or record a description of the materials.
- Take a photo of the seller.
- Notify law enforcement regarding scrap purchases.
- Report vehicle information to NMVTIS.
“According to the EPA, recycling just one computer CPU and one monitor is equivalent to preventing 1.35 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions from being released and recycling one television prevents four to eight pounds of lead from being added to the waste stream.”
The Scrap Specifications Circular provides guidelines for buying and selling a variety of processed scrap commodities, including ferrous, nonferrous, paper, plastics, electronics, rubber, and glass.
Notes 1. This is the most recent version of the Scrap Specifications Circular. The Circular‘s publication is based on updates made by the ISRI Board of Directors, not by calendar year. 2. The Scrap Specifications Circular is available as a free PDF download or for sale as a bound print edition in the ISRI Store. 3. The Scrap Specifications Circular is a copyrighted document. It cannot be reprinted in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc.
2. Reduces the need for landfills.
3. Prevents pollution.